Sunday, March 9, 2008

"My View(s)" SantaFeNewMexican.com March 9, 2008

From Ellen Cavalli, SantaFeNewMexican.com, "Now is the time to debunk oil industry myths:"
"Our music comes on compact discs and iPods these days, but I'm old enough to remember what a broken record sounds like. And oh boy, do I hear it whenever the topic of drilling in the Galisteo Basin comes up. So I wanted to set the record straight about what I call the "Four Big Myths," which I hear again and again." (click here for full article)

From Kim Sorvig, SantaFeNewMexican.com, "Oil and gas welcome to play by same rules:"
"This industry is one of the country's worst polluters, producing: more volatile organic compounds air pollutants than all other sources combined in some regions; 6,700 contaminated waste pits in New Mexico alone; nearly 9 percent fouled groundwater; water pollutants like benzene or radioactive materials at 100 times the Environmental Protection Agency levels permitted for any other industry; stream-killing sediments from unregulated pads and roads." (click here for full article)

No comments:

Post a Comment